Integration Developer (90019) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Integration Developer for Information Technology Services, Temporary, full-time role.
- Would you like to work in the ever-growing education industry by developing high quality IT solutions?
- Can you work as part of a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced team?
Victoria University of Wellington Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers and supports IT services to a diverse student body of over 20,000 and a staff of 2,500 located over 3 campuses.
Bring your technical expertise to provide technical, analytical, design and programming support for the University’s Azure Integration platform. You will need to have proven experience in complex application development, implementation and support in a medium-to-large IT environment.
Your ability to communicate with other members of the team including business analysts, testers and system administrators will also be fully utilised in this role.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- Proven experience in complex software application development, implementation and support in medium to large IT environment.
- The ability to design, build and support integration solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Minimum 1-2 years delivering Cloud Integration solutions
- Minimum 5 years Software Development experience
- Proven ability to develop integrations in the following:
- Software development experience with Microsoft Azure, including App Service, Logic Apps, Service Bus, API Management
- C# .Net, SQL and Visual Studio
- Oracle Tools for database access
- Sound knowledge of and experience with SDLC.
- Solution delivery with Agile methodology and CI/CD leveraging Azure DevOps
- Proven problem solving and analysis skills.
- Experience in Oracle and SQL Server based applications.
- Experience with API testing using Postman, Newman, Jmeter etc
- Strong communication skills; must be able to communicate difficult technical concepts to a wide audience.
- Ability to build highly effective relationships with customers and team colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in working across a number of projects simultaneously.
- Experience in producing high quality documents and reports using word-processing, spread-sheeting and presentation software (Microsoft product knowledge is an advantage).
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology / or relevant experience
Additionally, any of the following skills would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of developing REST APIs using JSON, OpenAPI and SOAP web services using XML and W3C schema
- Knowledge of best-practice user authorization and authentication techniques and practices - SAML, OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Exposure to Agile software development methodologies.
- Exposure to source control processes and tools (e.g. GIT, SVN, JIRA).
- Exposure to Agile processes, particularly Scrum.
This is a one-year, fixed term position available immediately.
Applications close 26th May 2020
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world. The University values the expertise of its professional staff in supporting and enabling teaching, research and engagement activities.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi. We care about your privacy and personal information. You can review the University's privacy notice or alternatively find out more about working at the University using the links at the top of the current vacancies page.
Important - Application Steps.
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Email completed application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any further supporting documents stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.