Recreation Advisor (4969) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have a tertiary qualification in Physical Education, Recreation or other related discipline?
- Are you able to work on a rostered shift system?
- Do you have demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a full time Recreation Advisor to join the University Recreation Wellington team on a permanent contract.
Catering to the needs of over 2,000 members per year the unique and diverse Recreation Advisor role ensures members of the Victoria University of Wellington community stay healthy, connected and active.
- Ensure recreation spaces are safe, welcoming and accessible for the University community
- Develop and deliver University Recreations’ sales and engagement strategies, to promote our memberships, services and programmes.
- Ensure all customer service processes and back-office systems are efficient and effective, regularly reviewing and adjusting with technology and staff changes.
- Ensure core operational administration is completed with accuracy and professionalism. This includes daily banking, operational data, reporting and stock management
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase our brand awareness across all online communication and media.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
Along with a proven ability to multi-task and communicate effectively, essentials to apply for the role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- The ability to work on a rostered shift system.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft 365 programmes.
Additional desired skills/experience include:
- Experience in a physical education or recreation environment.
- Current first aid certificate.
We need someone who is organised, innovative and passionate about fitness and recreation. This is an ideal role for someone looking for diverse development opportunities and the chance to make a real difference to the lives of students.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
An exciting opportunity to work within a supportive and energetic environment. This role is perfect for a multi-skilled professional with recreation and administration experience who is looking to make a difference in a tertiary environment. Join our recreation team and help lead our community through the delivery of effective health, fitness and wellbeing services.
Close Date for Vacancy: 09 December 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Emma Cropp, 04 463 6618, firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.