Teaching Fellow (Midwifery Programme) (5452) Newtown, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have experience teaching at a tertiary level?
- Are you a registered Midwife with at least 5 years’ experience and a current Annual Practising Certificate?
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Teaching Fellow on a 6 month fixed term contract. The role will be responsible for the delivery of course work in the Bachelor of Midwifery.
- Coordination and key contact for specific Bachelor of Midwifery course’s.
- Marking of student work.
- Availability for specified student consultation in relation to course material.
- Meeting with clinical tutor/s to discuss course and student management.
- Undertake management of spreadsheet data entry for student absences, illnesses, and extensions, including liaising with students about such episodes.
- Understand data collation and entry to spreadsheet and Canvas for student tests, assignments and grades, and be involved with calculation of course grades and delivery of final grades paperwork.
- Such other related duties may be required by your Head of Programme from time to time.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
It is expected that successful applicants will meet the below selection criteria:
- Registered Midwife with at least 5 years’ experience and a current Annual Practising Certificate with Midwifery Council of New Zealand.
- Tertiary education teaching experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of good oral and written communication skills.
Close Date for Vacancy: 15 December 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Head of Programme (Midwifery) Associate Professor Dr Robyn Maude firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.