Application and Reporting Analyst (3887) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have proven database experience and knowledge of StarRez?
- Do you like to improve on processes and systems to enhance efficiency?
- Have you worked with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI or Cognos?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Applications and Reporting Analyst to work centrally in University Accommodation to support the University halls software, staff and stakeholders.
- Design, manage and implement the planning and co-ordination of projects.
- Manage and conduct analysis of the data derived from StarRez, ensuring data collation meets the needs of the students and the University and are compliant with the University information and record management guidelines.
- Design, implement and monitor processes and systems using StarRez to deliver effective and timely application, collation and data searches.
Excellent communications skills are required as this role will involve engagement with both internal and external stakeholders.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be experienced in working with systems and projects with a focus on improvement of processes and ability to think outside the box. A good knowledge of student accommodation operations and knowledge of the StarRez application is desirable (but not required).
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, strong attention to detail, and self-management skills. This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting for the individual with the right temperament.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff. The ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to improve on processes and systems to enhance efficiency while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to work in a team with strong self-management and proactive participation in team activities beyond direct responsibilities assigned.
- Proven ability to use data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI or Cognos.
- Excellent computer skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft office suite including 3-4 years database experience (StarRez preferred).
- Proven ability to pick-up and become productive in new technology and tools.
- A high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven understanding of project management methods and procedures.
- Proven understanding of all aspects of the system/software development lifecycles.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with user groups, vendors, stakeholders, and all levels of management.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style.
This role, (or some of the work of this role that may be performed in this role) is covered by a Government Public Health Response Order, meaning that such work must be done by a person vaccinated against COVID-19.
Close Date for Vacancy: 30 June 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Sandie Wright: email@example.com But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click the Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.