Senior Adviser, New Student Transition (5348) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have the ability to proactively navigate and manage issues to a successful resolution?
- Are you able to manage competing and changing priorities and deliver to deadlines?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Senior Adviser, New Student Transition to join Tītoko - Centre for Student Success. The role is responsible for the provision of a high-quality inclusive programme, that helps commencing students transition to university and supports connectivity with services, activities, and programmes that promote student learning and engagement as a member of the University’s scholarly community.
The Senior Adviser, New Student Transition is also responsible for managing, and training student ambassadors to ensure the team deliver a consistent high-quality service to commencing students.
The role will also contribute to the delivery of the graduation activities.
- To ensure that Transition and Orientation initiatives operate successfully based on the provision of effective operational management and delivery.
- Casual staff are fully trained to support the transition programme and support graduation activities.
- Risks are mitigated where possible, issues are managed professionally, and business continuity is a priority.
- To ensure that continuous improvement of services is provided by the team.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent administration and policy compliance.
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, an ability to influence and manage conflict, strong attention to detail, and self-management skills. This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting for the individual.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff. The ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Tertiary degree, or comparable professional experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated client centred approach and service delivery skills.
- Proven ability to proactively navigate and manage issues to a successful resolution.
- Proven ability to manage competing and changing priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Highly developed communication skills, with the ability to express complex matters in an accurate and concise form, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation and coach/mentor/train less experienced staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements, and development programmes. If you want to expand your administration skills and enjoy working with a diversity of stakeholders, then this is an excellent opportunity.
Close Date for Vacancy: 4 December 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with the Associate Director, Student Success (Adrienne McGovern-Faircloth: Adrienne.email@example.com.) But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.