Research Services Librarian (3222) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Are you keen to actively contribute to the development and delivery of Library research support, services, and initiatives?
- Are you a motivated self-starter who also enjoys working in a collaborative team environment?
- Are you a great communicator who develops positive and productive working relationships?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting for Research Services Librarian to join the University Library in a full-time permanent position.
The role of the Research Services Librarian is a part of the Library Research Services team which is responsible for delivering effective and relevant research services and support to its key stakeholders.
The role of the Research Services Librarian is to develop and maintain sustainable and relevant research support services for the University leaders and scholarly community, in line with agreed Library strategies and priorities. This role also contributes to building research support capability within the Library.
- Develop close and collaborative relationships with other University research support services to contribute to pan-university initiatives.
- Provide expertise in research impact and analytics, scholarly communication and publishing, research data management and open access.
- Lead the research support capability building of all Library staff through the development and delivery of effective training programmes and tools in research impact and analytics, scholarly communication and publishing, research data management and open access.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You are someone that enjoys taking on new challenges and collaborates effectively within a high performing and successful team. You will be a motivated, client-focussed, and innovative individual that enjoys finding ways to enhance the services delivered by the team.
You will thrive in this role with your forward-thinking approach, along with your excellent communication skills, and ability to develop and sustain effective relationships. You value academic scholarship and have an enthusiastic drive to contribute to the development and delivery of relevant research services and initiatives to a diverse range of stakeholders.
You will be an organised, confident self-starter that uses your initiative while also working collaboratively with colleagues to positively contribute to the team and wider Library’s initiatives and success.
- Library, information management or other relevant qualification, and/or a combination of experience and knowledge suitable to the role.
- Knowledge of developments, initiatives, and tools in the area of research support, such as open access, strategic publishing, research impact and metrics.
- Understanding of the research landscape and its implications for academic Library services.
- Proven ability to develop highly effective relationships and partnerships in order to achieve key strategic outcomes.
- Skill in the design, development, and delivery of effective training materials and programmes.
- The ability to contextualize and interpret information and data for reporting purposes.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
This is a great opportunity to work as a part of a collaborative, supportive environment where you can develop your Library career and would like to develop your skills and knowledge of library research services. We also offer generous professional development and learning opportunities.
From 31 January 2022, a COVID-19 vaccine mandate will apply to all University staff, students, contractors and visitors. For more information see: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/covid-19/vaccine-mandate.
Close Date for Vacancy: 13 February 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Trish Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.