Executive Assistant / Administrator (4352) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
Looking to maximise your strengths in providing high quality executive support?
- Are you client-focused, friendly and approachable?
- Do you thrive in a busy and diverse work environment?
- Do you want to use your excel skills to assist with financial reporting and queries?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Faculty of Science is currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant / Administrator to provide proficient executive support to the Dean and to ensure the efficient operation of the Faculty office in this multi-School Faculty.
- Provide proactive professional executive assistance to the Dean.
- Coordinate meetings requirements, including agendas, action points and minutes.
- Prepare and manage HR processes and end to end recruitment life cycle activities (eg setting up interviews, reference checks, letter of offers, extension/secondment letters) and seminars etc.
- Provide coordination and support at events, functions and workshops.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
Your success in this role will rely on your previous experience in an administration or executive support role in a large and complex organisation. You will readily exhibit initiative, discretion and good judgment, be well organised and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be comfortable working independently in a busy role and have the flexibility to juggle competing and changing priorities. You will also be known for your ability to build and maintain strong relationships and your collaborative approach to everything you do.
- Proven experience in an executive assistant or personal assistant role within a large and/or complex organisation.
- Proven experience in office administration and management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial systems and processes.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, plan, handle multiple tasks and unpredictable workload and work under pressure.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office, including producing high quality documents and reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience of tertiary education administrative processes and procedures would be an advantage.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
We offer a diverse, collaborative and supportive environment, professional development opportunities, access to University staff training, and we like to be close to students and have fun.
Please note that this is a permanent position and only applicants who are legally entitled to work in NZ on a permanent basis, will be considered.
Close Date for Vacancy: 17 July 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Monika Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.