International Finance Coordinator (4476) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Have you got experience processing and reporting financial matters?
- Are you a customer-focused individual with an excellent manner with people?
- Do you have effective time management and an ability to maintain a high standard of service?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting an International Finance Coordinator to join the Wellington University International team on a full-time permanent contract. The role will be responsible for processing and reporting of all financial matters related to Wellington University International.
- The office’s accounts payable function.
- The processing of all commission payments.
- Receipting and reporting.
- Other financial projects as required.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent financial administration and customer service. You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, strong attention to detail, and self-management skills.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability in accounting practices, i.e. account reconciliation and administration.
- Proven understanding of the need for data integrity.
- Proven experience managing the meeting multiple deadlines and a high attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of other cultures and cultural norms, across various age groups.
- Proven experience in organising, coordinating and delivering several projects simultaneously often in a time sensitive situation.
- High level office computer skills e.g. email, communications and web-based searches, and high-level experience in producing high quality documents and reports using word-processing, spread-sheeting and presentation software (Microsoft product knowledge is an advantage).
- Demonstrated experience in working in teams, developing strong relationships, able to take responsibility and to show initiative.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- An ‘orderly approach’ to continue to maintain current practices and introduce new ones as needed.
- Knowledge of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is diverse, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative way. We offer you an excellent work environment and of course, development opportunities.
Close Date for Vacancy: 27 June 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Nicole Mouat, International Recruitment Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.