Administrator (2400) Pipitea, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have strong attention to detail and excellent self-management skills?
- Are you able to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders?
- Do you have previous experience in administrative roles?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting an Administrator to join the School of Accounting and Commercial Law. We are open to applications from people wishing to work either full-time, or job share or work part-time. Please state your preferences in your letter of application. The Administrator will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative services to support the School and the delivery of its academic programmes and contributing to the School achieving its strategic goals.
- Provide administration services for the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and courses.
- Provide general operational, administration and front-line support.
- Provide support for School projects and events.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, professional and enthusiastic, client-focused administrator who can take the initiative and provide quality operational and administrative support to the School, its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, its students and its academic staff.
You will thrive in this role by having the ability to relate to a wide range of people and to work effectively as a member of a busy team, as well as having strong attention to detail and accuracy, and excellent self-management skills. This role requires excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to use technology effectively and efficiently. You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team.
You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines and to maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff. You will also have the ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- At least three years demonstrated experience in administrative roles.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Proven experience and understanding of client service.
- Proven ability to deliver work with a high standard of accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant software packages (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) at least to an intermediate level and demonstrable ability to quickly learn and become familiar with organisation specific software packages.
- Advanced ability to use technology effectively and efficiently.
- Capability to work as part of a team as well as manage individual responsibilities.
- Experience in the tertiary sector and experience in working with online learning platforms would be an advantage.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. By joining Te Herenga Waka – University of Wellington, you will be entitled to benefits such as 5 days of University holidays per annum and you will be encouraged to develop professionally and make the most of our staff training and development programme.
Close Date for Vacancy: 25 October 2021
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Marita Lotz, 463 5365, email@example.com. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.