Kaiārahi Utu Tauira – Student Fees Adviser (3889) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Are you client-focused, flexible, and well organised?
- Do you have experience in providing financial planning or budgeting advice?
- Do you have a knowledgeable skill set in finance and looking for the next career step?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Student Fees Adviser to join the Student Finance team in a permanent role. This role sits under the newly established Tītoko–Centre for Student Success. It is responsible for the efficient and effective management of student fees, including debt management, working within the student fees policies and processes to enable a high-quality, seamless student experience.
- Provide excellent customer service to students and staff by providing timely and professional advice and support on all fees related matters.
- Process transactions accurately and within required timeframes.
- Manage the electronic information exchange process between the Ministry of Social Development (Studylink) and the University and assist students with any fee or study details required for loan or allowance applications.
- Manage specialist external and internal contracts, including TEC Frees Free, so they are accurately set up, maintained, invoiced and reconciled within agreed timeframes.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, empathetic, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent administration and have an eye for detail.
This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting for the individual with the right temperament. You will pick up new skills, knowledge and software quickly and be able to adapt to a changing environment. You will proactively be able to create good working relationships with key staff and know the importance of seeking feedback to continually improve the service you deliver.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Previous experience of a strong client centric approach to delivering excellent customer service or client services.
- Proven ability to work to a very high standard of accuracy, with an appreciation of the importance of data integrity.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, prioritise and manage conflicting workloads.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. The team also takes pride in providing a friendly, collegial and supportive working environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain a breadth of experience in a dynamic role supporting students.
Close Date for Vacancy: 4 July 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Paige Jarman, Manager Student Finance (04 886 5370, email@example.com). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.