Administrator – School of Information Management (5234) Pipitea, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Looking for an administration role with plenty of variety that combines people, processes, and technology?
- Do you thrive on supporting and enabling student success?
- Are you proficient with technology, and capable of using administration, learning management systems and applications to achieve a high standard of co-ordination and accuracy?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a permanent Administrator to work closely with staff and students in the School of Information Management. The role works collaboratively as part of a small administration team and makes a significant contribution towards the life and culture of the school, its teaching, research and service aspirations. This involves administration support for staff, students and academic programmes, the provision of assistance with school operations and events, and includes the monitoring and updating of the school’s website and communications. In addition, the role supports the Senior Administrator/Tutor Manager during key periods of the academic year.
- Timely and professional administration support for academic programmes, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including assistance with the recruitment of tutors, and the scheduling and resourcing of labs, workshops and tutorials.
- Shared school operations and services, including website, communications and information management, and travel bookings.
- Active participation in the organisation and delivery of school activities and events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, graduation celebrations, research initiatives, programme and course-related events, and university open days.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You are service-oriented, have an excellent manner with people and the ability to easily engage with a range of stakeholders and activities. You will be able to use technology confidently and effectively, and adapt to new systems and platforms, including a wide variety of software. You have an interest and enthusiasm for learning and teaching, and an empathy with the needs and concerns of students.
Your flexibility and fabulous interpersonal and communication skills allow you to collaborate with your team and support the school manager across a range of key operations and initiatives. You will need effective time management and self-management skills to balance programme and course deadlines in conjunction with school support. A growth mindset, attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure are natural qualities.
- At least two years administration experience, preferably in a tertiary organisation and/or an interest in, and proactive engagement with, students and the student experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and databases including intermediate use of Excel.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Proven ability to work effectively, and under pressure and within a dynamic environment.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Come and contribute to the success of our forward-looking school. The area of Information Management is exciting and dynamic, with the role busy, challenging, and stimulating for someone with the right temperament and who enjoys variety. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a range of school activities. You may view the role as an initial step into a school from another administration area, as an opportunity to build on or apply your experience from a different school, or to see the role as a move towards a future position as a senior administrator in an area such as tutor or people management. We offer you flexible working arrangements, opportunities for learning, growth and development, and an inspiring workplace due to the breadth and range of resources that Te Herenga Waka and the School of Information Management provides.
Close Date for Vacancy: 01 December 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.