Digital Projects Lead (Development and Operations Specialist) (4259) Pipitea, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have a high level of organisation and the ability to prioritise tasks?
- Are you able to work with a wide range of database technologies (for example, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL)?
- Do you have experience managing Windows and Linux operational platforms, on local and cloud infrastructure?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Digital Projects Lead (Development and Operations Specialist) to join the Digital Innovation Squad within the Wellington School of Business and Government.
The Digital Projects Lead partners with stakeholders in the Wellington School of Business and Government to identify, develop and implement processes and digital solutions to support teaching, learning and equity, research, and business activities across the Business School.
The role leverages specific technical expertise in software development and information technology operations to deliver quality scalable solutions and working to incorporate automation and continuous improvement. Whilst primarily leading projects pertaining to their specialism, the role contributes expertise to other projects being undertaken within the Squad.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and lead the development of relevant processes and digital solutions, successfully delivering them on time and within defined constraints.
- Manage relevant service levels to ensure processes, solutions and platforms are relevant, resilient, up-to-date and available.
- Champion the interests of the Business School in all interactions within the wider University and with external stakeholders.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will have experience in the delivery of digital solutions of varying scales and complexity. A high level of organisation and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately is required. You will have an interest in developing capability with new technologies. In addition, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders, and have a positive attitude towards overcoming challenges.
- Proven ability to work in a team with strong self-management and proactive participation in team activities beyond assigned direct responsibilities.
- Experience with a wide range of development platforms and application frameworks (for example, .Net, PHP, Java, Spring, NHibernate).
- Experience with a wide range of database technologies (for example, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL).
- Experience managing Windows and Linux operational platforms, on local and cloud infrastructure (for example, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud).
- Experience with source control management (for example, Azure DevOps Server, Git).
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
This is an opportunity to work in a small team where your specific interests and skills are valued and given plenty of scope to shine. The University is a diverse environment where your contributions will make a tangible and meaningful difference to the experiences of staff, students and industry partners.
Close Date for Vacancy: 07 July 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Graham Searancke, (04) 463 5881, firstname.lastname@example.org. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.