Telecom and Security Systems Lead (20/11/2023) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for Telecom and Security Systems Lead for one of our clients with the following details:
Start Date: 17 – DEC – 2023
Duration: 36 Months
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Telecommunications Commissioning Engineer with a broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution experience, for LNG liquefaction facilities or large Oil & Gas facility.
- Experienced pre-commissioning/commissioning of field instrumentation such as PAGA Systems, CCTV Systems, Fiber Optic Networks, Access Control Systems systems, LAN Networks, VHF and UHF TETRA systems, Idustrial Wireless Networks, MOV’s, Fence Intrusion Detection Systems, OTN Networks, Active fibre optic monitoring systems, Ship to Shore Link Systems (Trelleborg).
- Good understanding of International (ISA/IEC) Standards and best practices in the areas of Telecommunication installations.
- Demonstrated experience of using Instrument calibration tools and instrument configuration set-ups.
- Experience in systemization, completions database, development of Telecom pre-comm/comm procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading contractor teams.
- Experience with Smart Completions database use and set-up desirable.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
Key Accountabilities - Duties include but not limited to
- Provides Telecommunication and Security Systems expertise, to lead safe execution of the Telecom Pre-Comm and Commissioning scope of work in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Demonstrate leadership in planning and execution driving EPC contractor to deliver as per project milestones. Review, approve Telecom Pre-Comm/Comm checksheets, Construction Work Packages, and provide supervision of pre-comm/comm scope of work by EPC contractor, supports contractor by helping to address gaps and coordination with operations and other disciplines within CPY team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction, operations Teams and accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned in compliance with project objectives, Telecom and Security System specifications and industry best practices.
- Guides EPC Contractor's Telecom pre-comm/comm activities and validating contracts, including vendors, subcontractor resources, personnel qualifications, usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes. Provide assurance of CTR/SCTR adhere to Project SHES procedures.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s procedures for SIMOPS, Work under Permit, Partial Handover requirements and perform progress measurement / reporting to drive assigned pre-commissioning/commissioning activities. Lead puch close out activities and handovers.
- Manages the Telecom discipline deliverables updates/red-lines and support field engineering where needed in support of pre-comm/comm activities. As required, develop short term mitigation plans to achieve intermediate milestones and bridging scope for final completions.
- Responsible for following up and assuring schedule and related milestones are achieved, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs), identify material & skills gaps, develop recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing, and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
If interested, kindly apply!