Quality Management Lead - Mechanical / Piping (JO96483) Somerset, England
We need people with experience in traveling to different equipment manufacturing facilities and checking how well the equipment are being manufactured.
Positions based at the Site and 5 days per week, and some travel to manufacturing factories in the UK.
- The QML will work in the HPC Quality Management Team with administrative reporting to the Quality Management Manager who shall ensure QMLs perform and apply the appropriate processes to deliver to programme quality requirements.
- In turn, QMLs when assigned to the Programmes, will work to the quality requirements set out by the respective Quality Delivery Manager from each Programme. The QML is tasked to deliver and meet these requirements within their work portfolio, supporting the QDM and their respective Multi-Discipline Team (MDT) by the provision of quality management expertise and to ensure products and/or services are provided Right First Time (RFT) in line with the HPC Project Goals. In support of this, QMLs are to ensure effective resolution of issues and implement effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Implement the quality execution plan within the Programme and undertaken reviews and
checks to ensure quality is delivered by the supply chain efficiently and in accordance with
programme quality requirements;
- Review, accept and monitor CQAPs provided by the supply chain;
- Supporting Quality Auditors in the prompt resolution of audit findings within the supply chain.
- Ensure quality management processes are correctly applied.
- Ensure supply chain quality outcome is achieved using Project Quality Control Plans.
- Ensure supplier quality control requirements are adequately specified within contract
documentation submitted in the Invitation To Tender.
- Coordinate and lead NNB review and acceptance of relevant quality documentation
- Supporting the determination and application of strategies for the progressive provision of Life
- Time Quality Records (LTQR) by contractors and lead implementation of LTQR reviews;
- Ensure manufacturing surveillance per contract is applied in a graded approach through
surveillance offers and performance monitoring of inspection agencies.
- Coordinate, monitor and improve the efficiency of manufacturing documentation review and
inspection activities performed by sub-contracted inspection agencies;
- Perform in-factory manufacturing inspection when required (UK, France or worldwide);
- Support the monitoring and technical resolution of manufacturing non-conformances including
the management of corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for the review and delivery of the end of manufacturing records, leading to the
quality release of equipment to the HPC construction site;
- Support the coordination on review and acceptance of End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR),
- End of Construction Status Reports (ECSR) and End of Erection Status Reports (EESR).
- Produce quality documentation (e.g. learning reports, lessons learnt reviews) as required;
- Provide regular reporting to the Quality Management Manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Position requires experience in project delivery, preferably in the nuclear power sector, with significant focus on project quality, with a solid understanding of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control in major projects across engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning.
- A clear and considerable understanding of quality management best practice for deployment by large, complex and contract-led organisations.
- Confident and articulate communicator, able to prepare presentation material, and comfortable addressing individuals, small groups and very large audiences.
- Able to support and implement practical solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others.
- Analysis of data, preparing reports and making recommendations.
- The ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative.
- Fluent in English language.
- Knowledge of the nuclear sector, ideally new build.
- Knowledge & understanding of nuclear site license conditions.
- Ability to speak French is advantageous.
- Knowledge of pressure and nuclear codes
- Knowledge of Welding, Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
Qualifications & Experience
- A HNC/HND qualification or degree in a relevant science or engineering subject, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with international standards such as GSR Part 2 and ISO9001
- Proven track record of working in major projects, delivering results and implementing quality related solutions