WTG Package and Interface Manager (windfarm experience) (JO015187) Saudi Arabia
We are looking for WTG Package & Interface Manager for one of our Clients :
Assignment : Contract ( to work for the Client through MPH )
Location: Dumat Al Jandal KSA - Based onsite (some trips across in the Middle East region might be necessary)
Work Schedule: Resident, Single Onshore
Duration: ASAP – November 2021
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in the energy / renewables sector (ideally experience with utility scale Wind Power Plants)
- 5 years of experience positions with a strong focus on Wind Turbine, Transport, Craning, Installation and Commissioning.
- Construction experience in the region
- Strong technical and commercial understanding of the key challenges of the construction of a wind project
- Strong understanding of Mechanical, Civil and Electrical (MV and HV) engineering
- Ability to manage a project team and subcontractors
- Strong business acumen and commercial skills including knowledge of technical and commercial terms, claim management etc.
- Strong Project Management competences and construction management capabilities (Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, HSE, Risks…)
- Good communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English is mandatory, Arabic is nice to have and French would be a plus
Some of the key responsibilities, tasks and duties of the WPIM include the following:
- Responsible to ensure the WTG Package is executed in accordance with the contracts in place, with the Project Specifications and with the applicable rules and standards
- Responsible for ensuring the WTG Package design is compliant with the Project Specifications
- Responsible for supervising and reporting on the all site WTG Package activities
- Responsible for supervising and reporting on the testing and commissioning phase including Site mobilization, Hold points, Site Acceptance Test (SAT), Grid connection tests, Performance tests, and commissioning of WTG Package
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of Sponsors Industrial Policy, QHSE, Project Management policies and good practices at WTG Package level
- Responsible for the definition and management of the WTG Package punch-list and accurate ‘as built’ design, O&M documentations and H&S packages
- Facilitate coordination with the authorities on all matters related to the WTG Package
- Manages the interfaces between the different contracts related to WTG Package.
- Manages the Owner’s Engineer WTG package team
- Manages the interfaces between the WTG Package, the Civil Works and Electrical Works.
- Deeply involved in the key decisions related to the execution of the WTG Work Package construction, in particular when it comes to cost, schedule, change orders, invoices, quality and HSE.
- Coordination of the interfaces between the different Work Packages, the different contractors and with other key construction stakeholders (Sponsors, Grid Operator, Local community etc.)
- Strong leadership in the resolution of problems occurring onsite and/ or with contractors
- Accountable for the HSE onsite, including for the implementation and delivery of HSE policy and good practices for the WTG Package
- Accountable for the quality of the WTG Work Package delivery and for the associated documentations
- Responsible for ongoing reporting and for the WTG Work Package to the Project Director and to the Sponsors; including attendance to Steering Committees chaired by the Project Director
- Identification, monitoring and mitigation of the risks associated with the WTG Package
- Careful attention to all local aspects associated with the WTG Work Package
- Initiation and implementation of strong working relationships with all key construction stakeholders
- Actively involved in the hand-over to Asset management