Senior or Lead Civil Engineer (1233585) Bristol, England
Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of input data from previous projects and other disciplines.
▪ Manage surveillance of the SZC 1220 and work on Civil SDMS and methodology documents.
▪ Produce deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
▪ Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and drawings.
▪ Liaise with site based engineering teams to recover lessons learnt from HPC.
▪ Liaise with subject matter experts.
▪ Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity.
▪ Prepare and chair or participate in maturity and gate reviews with internal and external stakeholders
▪ Contribute to CDM reviews, create and maintain the Design Risk Register.
▪ Evaluate the many different stakeholders involved in the engineering design sequence.
▪ Anticipate and raise alerts on technical open points or contractual matters.
Required technical skills
(consistent with the criteria for technical admissibility of tenders)
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in civil engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant experience
• Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of industrial reinforced concrete structures
• Experience of the HPC project
• Knowledge of and/or experience of civil engineering design contracts in the nuclear sector or other heavily regulated industry (such as oil & gas, rail.)
• Project management qualification and/or experienc