Buyer (894052) Lichfield, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP30000 per annum|
We are recruting for a market leading company near Lichfield who are increasing their purchasing team.
A key part of the Buyer role will be to plan and co-ordinate procurement related projects relating to the growth and development of the business, with a focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
The Buyer must have a good understanding of our clients equipment range, relevant legislation, supplier capabilities, managing inventory levels, ensuring on Time and in full availability. The candiate must have excellent negotiation skills.
This role involves regular liaison externally with suppliers and customers and internally with all departments, building strong relationships with all stake holders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the procurement processes covering stock control, inventory management and replenishment are robust and in line with company policies:
o Establish reorder levels and order quantities for production and resale, ensuring there is sufficient stock to support production and sales activities.
o Raise purchase orders and process relevant documentation for UK and overseas sourced items.
o Ensure orders are delivered on time; rescheduling orders as required to meet sales demand.
o Liaise with suppliers and internal departments to resolve any order or stock related quality issues; investigate and determine what/how/why materials were supplied incorrectly or damaged and negotiate resolutions where appropriate.
o Resolve accessory related end user complaints; liaising with suppliers and customers/end users.
o Review and resolve invoice queries with purchase ledger and suppliers.
• Create and maintain appropriate stock records.
• Monitor sales and margin performance of the category and maintain Key Performance Indicators stock levels, margin and rebates.
• Recommend Stock Keeping Units for discontinuation/review and manage any disposal/sell off.
• Develop existing and manage new supplier relationships and contracts:
o Select, review and assess suppliers.
o Compile or evaluate supplier agreements, negotiating favorable terms with relevant parties.
o Understand and apply tools and techniques to reduce costs and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
• Escalate and deal with critical supply chain issues, develop and present options to manage short and long term supply; giving clear advice about the impact of any supply issues to stakeholders.
• Fulfill procurement requirements for new product launches with cross functional teams, understand needs, assess the impact, source new suppliers and items, provide cost information, advice and guidance and influence stakeholders towards best procurement practice.
• Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings, ensuring these are achieved within the context of any business limitations.
• Provide support for stock-take as necessary.
• Categorise indirect spend and develop strategies for cost control and cost reduction whilst maintaining optimum service levels.
• Lead commercial negotiations and existing and new contracts, for Equipment and Indirect categories.
• Confident and effective communication and negotiation skills.
• Confident and assertive manner with a professional attitude and demeanor.
• Strong organisational and administration skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules.
• Ability to take a flexible approach to work.
• High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
• MCIPS qualification or is studying towards MCIPS.
• A-Level Maths (or equivalents).
• GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalents).
• Excellent understanding of best practice relating to efficient materials flow.
• Purchasing experience within a manufacturing ISO 9001/14001 environment where strict processes must be followed.
• Indirect buying experience is highly advantageous.
• Experience of managing end to end procurement processes from request for quotation to contract award.
• Experience of using ERP/MRP systems, preferably Sage.
• Experience in cross-functional team work
If you feel you have the relevant skills and expereinces please email your CV.