Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse - Early Intervention Service (HQ00099086) South London, England
|Salary:||GBP28.53 - GBP28.53 per hour|
Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse to work full-time within an Early Intervention Service based in Sutton. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this Community Psychiatric Nurse role is £28.53 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
About the role:
- The Early Intervention Team provides a service for those people with first onset psychoses between the ages of 17 and 65 years.
- The aim of the service is to provide intensive care using the Assertive Community Team model, to prevent relapse, reduce the number of “revolving door” admissions, ensure effective treatment for resistant symptoms, reduce the incidence of suicide and maximise an individual's personal and social functioning.
- To be accountable for the co-ordination of care plans for people who are in the early stages of psychotic illness between the ages of 17-65.
- To assess health and social care needs and negotiate care plans with service users and their carers, remaining objective when working with diagnostic uncertainty.
- To ensure delivery of care plans in partnership with multi-disciplinary colleagues and a range of health and social care agencies, within the CPA structure.
- To offer a range of evidence based psycho-social interventions and proactive risk management approaches to help the service user and their family to reduce and manage symptoms, high risk behaviour and other disabling effects of psychosis and enable, as far as possible, full and sustained recovery.
Requirements of the Community Psychiatric Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health.
- Experience working within a similar role would be highly desirable.
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained).
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.