Site Assistant (SHBCHANDY) Birmingham, England
|Salary:||GBP9.5 - GBP10.98 per hour|
Link2Recruit are one of the UK’s fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving and Waste sectors on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client are currently recruiting for an experienced Site Assistant to join their successful business on a full-time on-going basis.
- Experience of working in a markets or commercial environment.
- Experience in working in a security and maintenance environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, outside contractors and Traders.
- The ability to prioritise and plan own workloads to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and flexibility, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow procedures and policies and to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effective use of tools and equipment.
- The ability to use basic IT packages such as word, email and internet.
- Hours of Work:AM starts (Start time will vary, could be 4/5/6am, you will work a total of 36.5 hours)
- Days of Work: Monday to Saturday, you will work 5/6 days, those 5 days will change week to week
- Rate of Pay: £9.50 - £10.98 depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unlock and secure the Retail Market as required. Maintain the keys so that access to all areas is available in emergencies.
- Check all heating and lighting systems to ensure they are operating satisfactorily.
- Check all fire and security alarms to ensure they are operating satisfactorily.
- Ensure that the site is in a safe, tidy and satisfactorily condition prior to opening to the public.
- Ensure that issues relating to Health & Safety are reported to the Customer Support Officers and Team Leader as required.
- Attend to reactive maintenance issues such as blocked drains,water leaks and mechanical breakdowns as required.
- Regularly check the water system to ensure adequate water levels are maintained.
- Assist contractors in carrying out maintenance projects.
- Carry out minor repairs in landlord areas such as plumbing, joinery, electrical work and decorating.
- Carry out minor plant maintenance as required.
- Carry out porter services as required.
- Maintain stock of regularly used building items such as light bulbs, taps and toilet seats and place orders via the Markets Support Team.
The role is based in Birmingham City Centre and is commutable from most areas within Birmingham. Our client is situated close to public transportation links. Parking and canteen facilities are also available for all staff use.
If you are interested, please apply now online or call our Industrail division on 0121 377 7006 (option 2) for more information.
Key Words: OPERATIVE, WAREHOUSE, INDUSTRIAL, LOADER, HANDYMAN, MAINTENANCE, FACILITY, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT,
Link2Recruit Limited are operating as a recruitment business.