COMMIS CHEF (OX322109PRDF) Oxford, England
|Salary:||GBP19000 - GBP20000 per annum|
Position; COMMIS CHEF
Salary; £19,000 - £20,000
We have an excellent oppurtunity for a Commis Chef to join our clients oustanding team. Working for one of the Colleges within Oxford you will join the team assisting with up to 300 coves per day.
We will consider cooking experience gained from various backgrounds but it would be desirable to already have NVQ Level 2 in Practical Cookery (or equivalent).
This position operates on an ‘any 5 from 7’ day contract and requires working on a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Prepare, cook and assess all dishes before leaving the kitchen, for taste, presentation and food quality,
- Adhere to set procedures for temperatures checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations,
- Have an understanding of menu planning and stock controls
- Good communication skills: able to relate well with Staff, Students, Contractors and Suppliers
- A passion for cooking
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Positive and self motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- 38 days holiday per year
- Christmas period closure (Christmas Eve to New Year)
- University pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Meals on duty
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Thame, Kidlington
Catering, Chef, Kitchen Porter,