Food & Beverage Supervisor (OT29) Oxford, England
|Salary:||GBP23000 - GBP23300 per annum + benefits|
Position; Food & Beverage Supervisor
Location; Oxford (City Centre)
Salary; £23,300 per annum
Our well-established client located in the city centre of Oxford is seeking a Food & Beverage Supervisor on a permanent basis.
About the role;
You will be responsible for the organisation and supervision of catering services, providing the highest levels of service in the Dining Hall, Senior Common Room, Bar and Café throughout the facility both in term time and vacations.
The shift hours for this role are 8 hours worked over an ‘any 5 days from 7’ roster so some weekend working will be required.
- Supervise each meal period to meet agreed standards of service while maintaining all hygiene standards
- Make suggestions to develop service standards to meet the changing needs of the customers
- Organise and direct each meal period so that staff are assigned according to the needs of the level of service
- Monitor the appearance of staff, ensure they are correctly uniformed and meet approved standards of appearance
- Check stocks of China, cutlery etc as directed to ensure service level requirements
- Lay tables, plan table assignments, prepare and set up for meal service
- At the end of each meal period ensure wash up is clear and all service areas are clean and tidy
- Prepare daily takings reconciliation as directed by the Steward
- Prepare staff rotas with the Steward
- Ensure bar staff report for duty on time and complete signing-in sheet
- Supervise casual bar staff throughout the shift
- Perform weekly pipe cleaning
- Maintain good stock control practice
- Maintain good order in cellar and stock room
- Ensure area behind bar is clean and prepared for service
- Experience may have been gained from a commercial fine dining restaurant/hotel food service (4* establishment) and ideally with banqueting (up to 200 covers).
- At least 6 months’ supervisory experience preferably gained in the food & beverage/hospitality sector,
- Good people skills
- Spoken English to conversational standard
- Ability to organise others and have an approachable and outgoing personality.
- Whilst this is a supervisory role, will be expected to be ‘hands-on’ where necessary.
- Familiarity with handling customers is required ideally accompanied by having Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification.
- Also of benefit is having Bar experience (including opening, closing and cashing up).
Oxford, Kidlington, Cowley, Abingdon, Headington, Didcot
Catering, Waitress, Waiter, Hospitality, Supervisor, Food & Beverage