Staff Accountant (361053) Middletown, Connecticut
Our Staff Accountant is responsible for keeping up to date ledgers, journals and records.
- College degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- Organized and detail oriented a must
Strong Excel experience a must
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and Microsoft FRx a plus
- None required
- Posts and monitors General/Ledger and journal entries.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and other accounting functions.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining accounting records.
- Handles confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.