Senior Accountant (361054) Glastonbury, Connecticut
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum of 2 solid years of Cost Accounting
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to handle interruptions and a fast paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to utilize all available technology to create, edit and maintain all necessary information
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal delivered with tact and professionalism