Location: Basildon, England
Our market leading, multi-national client based in Basildon is looking for a Material Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will control the supply of manufactured and purchased items in a timeframe that supports the Master Production Schedule (MPS) ensuring that all material in supply chain is at an appropriate build standard and available to meet the time driven requirements of the manufacturing plan. They will also maintain material status within SAP expediting internal make and external supply items to ensure compliance to plan and monitor output from the SAP plan and report on noncompliance.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Interface with Manufacturing & Supply Chain and Procurement to facilitate progress to completion of WIP or delivery of materials in accordance with required schedule.
• Co-ordinate supplier scheduling that may be impacting progress to completion of material to the plan, as well as review, release and manage internal work orders in line with the plan.
• Control of RTV material logistics from shop-floor back to supplier, as well as delivery of kits to and from the line.
• Implementation of FRB/MRB actions.
• Call off material from suppliers to the plan convert to PO's against procurement enabled PIR's or SAP contracts.
• Advise relevant internal stakeholders when delays likely to impact achievement of MPS, proposing re-prioritisation of work within the plan and solve problems, and escalate via Procurement if contractual impact.
• Control suppliers schedule/expediting priorities considering impact on other projects involving the same supplier.
• Administer & reschedule production orders, and initiate the shipping process.
• Be a key member of the IPT, and attend and contribute to production reviews.
• Work closely with Manufacturing Management, QA, Project Management, Planning and Logistics.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Proven technical experience, either through qualification or recognise training and experience in a production control environment.
Experience of material planning and control environments, and knowledge of manufacturing, assembly & test environments.
Experience of SAP material control preferable,
You will be a self-motivated person used to working to a high degree of accuracy and with good personal organisational skills.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".