Location: Luton, England
Our world leading client based in Luton is looking for a Test Technician to join their team on a permanent basis within a Production and development environment.
Working with a small team of Technicians, the successful applicant will be responsible for testing production and customer owned hardware, fault finding and diagnosis of faults to board level, basic assembly of hardware plus programming of modules using a variety of ATE and software packages.
Due to the nature of work performed within this area, the successful applicant will also have a proven track record of technical ability using test equipment and a natural fault finding ability whilst being able to work to tight timescales and demanding deadlines.
Key Responsibility Areas
Key areas of responsibility (Including but not limited to):
• Maintain safe working practices within the work area at all times in accordance with internal procedures and current health and safety legislation.
• Knowledge of and adherence to ESD disciplines at all times
• Basic assembly of LRI's as guided by internal manufacturing documentation
• Test hardware using a variety of software packages and be able to run periodic calibration/ self-checks on test equipment
• Operation of thermal chambers and vibration equipment (specific training provided)
• Work with Engineering, Industrial Engineering and other supporting departments
• Follow the M&SC way in terms of behaviours, Processes and Practices and maintain a clean and tidy working area at all times
• Being flexible in approach to work and hours of work including possible overtime
• Provide regular status updates to Team Leader
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Proven technical background with hands on testing & fault finding experience, as well as proven use of test equipment
• Proficient use of IT (Prolonged use of Display Screen Equipment)
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and to record all work performed within SAP and other supporting documentation
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for targets set on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Excellent communication skills are essential in order to work effectively within the IPT and also feedback any blocking issues to Team Leader
• Familiar with working in a screened laboratory environment
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".