Location: Bedford, England
Our market leading, well established client based near Bedford is looking for a Stress Engineer to work within the Armoured Fighting Vehicle business area on a permanent basis. The group is a busy multi-discipline team performing analysis tasks ranging from linear static stress analysis to non-linear explicit structural assessments, multi-body assessments and fatigue analysis across a broad range of shock and vibration environments and requirements.
The candidate will be working towards being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this field, to allow support, mentoring and guidance to be provided throughout the Company and Customer stakeholder community.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will be capable of undertaking detailed stress analysis using both classical hand-calculations and FE modelling primarily of complex metallic structures and assemblies.
The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a critical engineered product environment (Defence/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport industry).
• BEng (Hons) Degree in Engineering, plus minimum of 3 years industrial experience;
• Experience of Detail Stress Analysis using Hand-Calculation Techniques;
• Extensive experience of using MSC Patran /Nastran / Siemens NX Nastran;
• Basic knowledge of modelling and analysis of composite materials, as well their manufacturing process;
• Capable of writing clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating compliance;
• Working as part of a multi-discipline team supporting trials, production, design office and manufacturing teams;
• Working towards professional membership registration through either IMechE or IET.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of analysing against shock and vibration environments
• Experience of defining data acquisition requirements, analysis correlation from test data (eg strain, accelerometers, stiffness and displacement), as well as experience of root cause analysis investigations
• Knowledge of Defence and British Standards
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".