Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sandy, England
Our client, a well renowned wafer prober company based in Sandy, is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis. The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide mechanical expertise necessary to support the planning, manufacture and tests and testing of a range of high precision products.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensuring engineering designs are implemented on the full range of company products, to the required company standard
• Liaising and assisting the sales department with the configuration of specifications at quotation stage
• Designing bespoke requirements around the core product platform, as well as designing and developing new products
• Responsible for complying with all health and safety requirements and safe operating practices operated by the company and client sites
• Carrying out risk assessments
• Analysing and interpreting data and information
• Recommending modifications for systems
• Testing and measuring the performance of systems
• Preparing documentation concerning Bill of Materials and Change Notes in accordance with company procedures
• Responsibility for ensuring that all work undertaken complies with company standards in relation to quality, production and manufacturing processes
• Providing expert advice and support on all mechanical issues to suppliers and internal departments
The successful Mechanical Engineer will be educated to degree level or equivalent, as well as having broad mechanical experience and knowledge of motion control systems. They will have experience of bespoke equipment and be proficient in using 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks. Having sound knowledge of mathematics is essential, while having a background in the semiconductor industry and experience with precision instrumentation is desirable.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".