Location: Sandy, England
Our client, a well renowned wafer prober company based in Sandy, is currently looking for a Production Fitter, who would be responsible for constructing high precision machines from raw materials to fully functioning systems and ensuring all test and commissioning checks have been completed to the recognised standard in a timely manner. They will also support the Engineering department with testing, commissioning, and product development.
The successful candidate will:
• Assemble and fit high precision mechanical assemblies, while ensuring all machine wiring is completed in accordance with company ISO 9001/European and company standards.
• Undertake testing on all products to ensure compliance with recognised standards and appropriate safety regulations.
• Commission products to ensure full working functionality is achieved to the required standards.
• Prioritising work to meet production timetable and deadlines, while also timely collect production kits from Stores to facilitate machine production in accordance with agreed deadlines.
• Ensure machine compliance specification testing is undertaken which ensures product meets required standard.
• Timely report to Purchasing Department of faulty parts and inspection failures.
• Complete all appropriate documentation to the required standards.
• Ensure all work undertaken complies with company standards in the areas of technical specification, functionality, quality and risk limitation.
• Maintain detailed technical knowledge of all company products, including third party equipment, and provide technical information and assistance to other departments when necessary.
• Comply with all health and safety requirements and safe operating practices operated by the company, while keeping benches and work area clean, tidy and free from health and safety hazards.
The successful Production Fitter will have an O.N.C. Mechanical engineering or acceptable lower qualification with relevant experience, while having an apprenticeship in Engineering is acceptable. They will have an industrial electro/mechanical background, and have experience in the semiconductor industry. They will have knowledge in precision mechanical as well as an understanding of electronics.
The Production Fitter will possess sound fault finding and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritise. Also, they will be knowledgeable in testing procedures.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".