Location: Luton, England
Our market leading, electronic manufacturing client based in Luton is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will carry out electro-mechanical assembly and repair of production hardware to "MIL-STD" quality standard and various other development hardware. The candidate is required to exhibit a good technical knowledge and a practical "hands-on skill set", while core technician skills, problem solving and continuous improvement are also a necessity. The role will involve working in a clean room environment with up to 70% of the time spent on manual dexterity fine detailed work under a high power microscope.
Key Responsibility Areas
• To attain target hours and support the production schedule by keeping rework to a minimum, while being able to identify improvements in process and yield.
• Maintain a clean working area and comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
• Keep familiar and remain compliant with clean room and ESD disciplines.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory and legal requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Experience in a range of hybrid microelectronic assembly techniques including device attachment methods and interconnection techniques.
• General RF microwave assembly.
• Certified to JST001, IPC610, IPC-7711/21.
• Ability to carry out both repeat production and varied one off types of work (prototypes).
• Attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
• Should be an effective communicator at all levels as you will be expected to liaise with Industrial Engineering, Production Planning & Engineering.
• Previous experience of military and aerospace products.
• Previous manual and auto-bonder experience.
• Previous Surface mount experience.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".