Coded Fabricated Welder
Location: Ampthill, England
Our market leading client based near Bedford is currently looking for a permanent Coded Fabricated Welder to join the business. They are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in leading small shop floor teams, and delivering complex, high value, critical components, fabrications and services.
• Welding and fabrication of prototype and production armour assets.
• Supporting the development of welding processes and tooling/fixture designs, as well as the selection of welding equipment and tooling.
• Assisting in the training of other team members during development phase and production ramp up including, but not limited to, coding qualifications for welders.
• Assisting in the coordination of manufacturing operations for all welding and welding-related activities in accordance with ISO 3834-2 and company procedures and processes.
• Hold team leader responsibilities in welding-related activities, for example: planning, executing, supervising and inspection.
• Liaising with internal stakeholders to implement continuous improvement throughout the processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
Required skills and experience
• Proven experience of leading shop floor teams, and able to read, work and instruct others from detailed engineering drawings and schematics.
• Capable of passing BS EN ISO 9606 welder qualifications using MAG and TIG welding processes.
• Familiar with inspection techniques such as Visual, PT, MPI, Ultrasonic, and experienced in the fabrication and welding of large complex steel structures.
• Skilled in general engineering workshop practices and equipment, as well as experienced with automatic welding equipment such as robotics.
• Good housekeeping skills and able to use Microsoft office packages word, excel, outlook etc.
• Integrity, honesty, reliable and passionate about manufacturing high-end equipment.
• Working knowledge of 6S practices and lean manufacturing, as well as experienced in trial and development welding, fabrication and assembly processes.
• Experienced in welding non-ferrous materials as well as experienced in developing and qualifying welding procedures to BS EN ISO 15614.
• NVQ Level 3 in welding and fabrication engineering
• PCN/CSWIP Level 2 or higher in VIS/PT/MPI inspection
• Gantry crane operation and certification.
• Lifting and handling certificate.
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".