Principal System Integration Engineer
Location: Luton, England
Our world leading, electronics manufacturing client is looking for a Principal System Integration Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, based at their Luton site. The successful candidate will be part of a team developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made. The Engineer will be involved with novel product development that will be supporting the future needs of, and working closely with, their customers, to ensure that their solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Lead aspects of defining the total system integration approach and facilities.
• Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define sub-system integration requirements.
• Support the development of a ground-based synthetic environment and system integration facility.
• Integrate complex sub-systems onto a large body flight test aircraft and support subsequent flight trials.
• Lead aspects of system integration and flight trial activities alongside customers and industry partners.
• Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Extensive experience of systems integration, preferably relating to airborne EW sensor systems.
• Knowledge and experience of synthetic environments and their use to develop airborne sensor systems, as well as experience in systems development, delivery and trials, preferably relating to airborne EW sensor systems.
• Good understanding of RADAR, EO/IR, or ESCM domain concepts and application of technology and processes.
• Understanding of the engineering lifecycle for complex products and systems, with emphasis on latter stages.
• Experience of influencing requirements and design, and of verification and validation activities to achieve certification and delivery.
• Implementing defined systems integration processes and reporting on key measures.
• Experience of working alongside internal stakeholders, external customers and industrial partners.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".