Location: Bedford, England
Our client, who is the leading brand for surface water drainage systems throughout the world, is currently looking for a Production Operative to join their growing team on a permanent basis based in Bedford. The Production Operative will be manufacturing a range of plastic rotational moulded drainage products for the construction industry.
The successful candidate will be physically fit with experience of using a range of hand tools and work well in a team. They will have the ability to learn technical information to understand the production process fully.
Duties will include:
• Accurately weigh out or dispense raw materials and prepare moulds in preparation for the moulding process.
• Operate the rotamoulding machine by selecting the appropriate program, and load and unload moulds from the rotamoulding machine and cooling station using the gantry crane.
• Monitor the moulding process throughout to ensure that the process parameters remain within control.
• Demould products from the moulds, and trim and finish products ready for the cutting process.
• Check and monitor the product to ensure it meets the quality standards including operation of leak detection unit, as well as record process data and product dimensions.
• Load product into, and operate, a semi-automatic cutting machine.
• Apply end seals to products and attach edge rails using a variety of hand and air operated tools.
• Inspect finished product to ensure compliance with specification.
• Operate granulating machine to shred waste plastic ready for regrind and recycling.
• Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling including operating baling machines.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".