Location: Luton, England
Our market leading electronic manufacturing client is currently looking for a Commercial Officer to join their team on a permanent basis based at their Luton site. Working within the Support and Service Solutions (S3) UK Line of Business the candidate will be required to support bids and projects with customer engagement and contracts management. The successful candidate will help ensure that good business is won and successfully delivered by applying best practice and functional governance processes adherence. The Commercial Officer will prepare pricing and offers and help develop the commercial content for the bids and proposals, as well as be responsible for processing offers through the order processing system and ensuring customer and billing milestones are adhered to. You will support customer negotiations and the agreement of terms and conditions for a number of agreement forms, both legally binding and non-legal agreements, while also helping develop the customer relationship and look for opportunities to secure additional or follow on work.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Work in multi-disciplined project teams, providing commercial and contract management support, and act as the customer's key point of contact for all contractual matters, while supporting Project meetings as required
• Process Customer orders through SAP business management system, and prepare and submit standard letters of offer
• Working with the Legal Department and the Project teams, prepare, draft and negotiate Customer terms and conditions of contract and other non-standard agreements
• Support the commercial bid approval process in accordance with the company's procedures, and assist in the preparation of the Commercial Proposal
• Work closely with the Procurement and Finance functions to ensure key Customer Terms and Conditions are flowed down into supplier terms and conditions, and customer billing and payments are carried out timely
• Identify areas for personal development to enhance capabilities that add value to the business
• Develop a strong customer relationship that enables opportunities for follow on orders and additional work
• Help identify key commercial risks and bring them to the attention of the IPT
• Understand and help manage export compliance and confidential information
• Understand and help manage intellectual property
• Assist in the identification of alternative commercial models for contracting/ business return that helps secure new business
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Understanding of a basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
• Basic Understanding of export compliance. ITAR, EAR, import taxes and duties
• Understanding of contract law and its application.
• Identifying and understand commercial risks
• Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
• A familiarity with SAP and its functionality is desirable
• Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Good communication skills, written and oral and presentations skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised at times and sometimes with virtual project teams
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".