Electrical Design Authority
Location: Bedfordshire, England
Our market leading client based in Bedfordshire is looking for a Electrical Design Authority to join their team on permanent basis. Reporting directly to the Project Chief Engineer, this role will lead the Electrical/Electronic design acceptance activity on a major Armoured Fighting Vehicle programme.
This role will be Customer facing and demand the credibility to sell off the Electrical/Electronic Architecture against first the Sub-System and then System level requirements.
This will demand experience of working within the Def Stan 61-5 Part 6 and IEC61508, to gain full functional safety accreditation.
The core competences and qualifications for the job are:
• Hardware electrical power and circuit protection design experience
• Demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies
• Electrical/Electronics design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
• Distributed control and Interface experience.
• Working at system level, with suppliers/customers both internal and external.
• Able to work at unit level, with ability to understand and develop detailed technical trades.
• Product Development Process awareness
• Knowledge of hardware and bus protocols including: CAN, SSI, RS422, IBIS, Ethernet, 1553
• Use and selection of motor technologies and drive solutions.
The role requires a working knowledge of the following skills, hence, experience in these areas will be an advantage:
• Saber RD simulation experience.
• Experience with Def Stan 61-5 part 6.
• Practical electrical installation, harness and busbar design experience.
• Prior ground vehicle design, integration and field trial experience.
• Practical past experience with 28V vehicle power generation and distribution system.
• Knowledge of EMC, and power system design to minimise signatures (Electric and Magnetic field).
• Experience of working in a structured development process environment.
• Knowledge of EMC
• Ability to support and manage aspects of assembly, integration and test.
• Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout.
• Awareness of MISRA, DO-178C and IEC61508 design. Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".