Field Service Engineer
Location: Royston, England
An exceptional opportunity has arisen following a steady growth in business, for a Field Service Engineer to join a well-established company in the vibration industry, who pride themselves on providing maintenance and repair services to industrial machinery and users of test equipment. The Field Service Engineer will be working alongside many blue-chip companies from the aerospace and manufacturing industries and will travel the country as well as abroad. The candidate will have a technical electrical/electronic background with a very good aptitude for mechanical engineering also.
The successful candidate will:
• Carry out preventative maintenance on customer sites in line with recommended procedures.
• Problem solve and fault find to sub-assembly level when in the field or in house.
• Be familiar with all Health and Safety rules and regulations when working.
• Travel around the UK and overseas to install and maintain industrial testing equipment, sometimes on short notice.
• On occasions be prepared to work in excess of the normal 37.5 hour week or anti-social hours whilst observing contractual obligations.
Applicants should be educated to a minimum NVQ level 2/BTEC in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent. An HNC in a relevant subject would be a distinct advantage.
The Field Service Engineer will be experienced in industrial plant maintenance and have a strong background in engineering and substantial knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering. You will be well versed in problem solving and have good analytical skills to be able to work under pressure while using own initiative to complete the work to the required level.
As well as this, they will have proven experience in working in some or all of the following areas are essential: industrial electronic systems, mechanical fitting, fault finding to sub-assembly level.
Due to the nature of the work the candidate would favourably be flexible to work, due to the short notice that may be given and hold a valid passport and a full UK driving license.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".