Service Management Analyst (ServiceManagementAn) Reston, Virginia
- Tracks and reports software license utilization
- Manages relationships with vendors such as RedHat, CA, Oracle
- Carries out information systems and information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as:
- application support
- database administration
- software quality assurance/quality control
- software engineering
- network telecommunications
- Follows escalation protocol for complex issues and collaborates with the second tier to reach resolution.
- Understands software license models, ability to analyze and present software license utilization and report
• Microsoft Excel - P2 intermediate; Microsoft PowerPoint - P2 intermediate; Vendor Management - P2 intermediate
• Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
• Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
• Serves as the first tier to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades, dealing with requests that are more routine in nature.
• Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
• Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
• Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
• Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
• Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
• Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
• Interest or motivation to learn and apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Administrator related tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
0-3 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Must be eligible to pass public trust clearance
Other Job Specific Skills
• Ability to manipulate and import JSON data into excel for analysis.
• Knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, Windows
• Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Lync 2013.
• Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
• Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
• Experience preferred with Citrix, SAN storage systems, VMware (vCenter).
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes