Supplier Development Engineer (DLSDE1) Cheshire, England
|Salary:||GBP33000 - GBP37000 per annum + Benefits|
Supplier Development Engineer
£33,000 - £37,000
Our client, a leading international manufacturer based in the Cheshire region, is looking for a Supplier Development Engineer to join their expanding business.
This purpose of this position is the design and implementation of quality controls, inspection systems, procedures and techniques across the supply base ensuring production is accurate and quality exceeds the expectations of the customer.
This role requires both domestic and international travel.
A brief outline of accountabilities within the role are;
- Work with the senior management team, identifying and developing a best-in-class international supply base with a strong emphasis on reaching zero PPM.
- Create new supplier audits.
- Run the new supplier selection process in line with quality expectations and manage the suppliers through probationary periods.
- Support new production / product launches.
- Carry out PPAP and APQP on all existing and upcoming production components and assemblies.
- Work closely with the suppliers and quality engineers on continuous improvement methodologies.
- Degree Qualified – Ideally in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering however a discipline closely related.
- Experience working in a similar environment such as component manufacturing.
- Range of knowledge to include various machining operations, injection molding (polymer and metallic) processes, and metal fabrication (stamping, welding, bending, etc) processes.
- Relevant experience developing manufacturing processes within an international supply base (ie foundries, machine shops, component manufacturers).
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning, tolerancing & related inspection practices
- ASQ CQE preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate across functional areas including: Operations, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Design Engineering, Scheduling and Shipping/Receiving.
- Demonstrable experience of trouble shooting and problem solving within similar environments.
£33,000 - £37,000pa + Benefits
Our client is an international manufacturing business