Crane Engineer (23091/534) Cardiff, Wales
|GBP40000 - GBP41000 per annum + plus excellent benefits + Overtime
£40,000 Plus Overtime + Comprehensive benefits
With Operations across Europe and with an ever-expanding customer base, this award-winning manufacturer has recently invested in new state of the art machinery at its South Wales facility. Following recent investment they are looking for an Crane Engineer to join their well-established Engineering team, the company can offer internal and external training courses on specific manufacturing equipment together with a realistic chance to develop further within the organisation.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety issues.
- Ensures compliance of safety standards undertake risk assessments and adhere to SOP’s.
- Carry out isolations of the equipment in line with safety standards according to their training (e.g. DECAP, COI)
- Repair, adjust, and maintain production cranes, heavy machinery, or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications and British Standards.
- Respond to emergencies, breakdowns, malfunctions, and other operating problems to minimize disruptions to manufacturing processes.
- Perform routine maintenance, like lubricating, parts exchange and functional checks of transmissions.
- Implement an established maintenance program and maintain detailed maintenance records so that recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts can be identified and addressed.
- Set, calibrate, or adjust equipment, machinery, and instruments so that it complies with production specifications or instructions.
- Maintain tools and repair equipment in good working order. Do check lists of tools reliability.
- Conduct periodic inspections to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments, evaluates and performs repairs.
- Understands and follows alignment procedures for aligning shafts, couplings, wheels, motors or other similar items typically found on an overhead crane.
- Must have a knowledge and ability to properly adjust and repair crane brake systems.
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform wire rope changes, sheaves, gearboxes, wheels.
- Repair machinery or other components by welding using manual or semi-automatic equipment.
- Assess which welding equipment is required and which method is the most appropriate for a specific welding task.
- Inspect welded surfaces and structures for the safe operation and performance.
- Repair, prepare and test spare parts for crane usage or stores keeping.
- Submits proper documentation for ordering material and parts.
- Elevation for work is a must. Must be comfortable and trained to work at heights utilizing scissor lifts or other MEWP for access and carry out repairs.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics; implement methods, practices, and techniques to identify and address recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Fully Completed Mechanical Apprenticeship with Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience as a mechanic repairing and maintaining heavy overhead cranes.
- The ability to perform thorough and accurate crane inspections and operational tests.
- Ability to read schematics, both mechanical and hydraulic, and take decisions.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing health and safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Have an organized and proactive approach to work, with the ability to solve problems and meet challenging deadlines.
- £40,000 Days based role.
- 5% bonus
- Excellent benefits
- Strong training and development scheme
- Part of a global organisation – extremely stable company
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk