Sr Controls Engineer (BBBH30214) Warminster, Pennsylvania
- Our Client is seeking a Senior Controls/Electrical Engineer possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Assigned tasks will be within the electrical and controls engineering disciplines and include training on and supporting the equipment, devices, and services.
- Develop, test, troubleshoot, modify, and commission Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix) control system applications using RSLogix.
- Develop, test, troubleshoot, modify, and commission SCADA and GE Proficy HMI/SCADA (iFIX) control system applications.
- Specify and purchase control system hardware and instrumentation.
- Read, understand, develop, and modify control system design documents including diagrams, drawings (P&ID, control system schematics, wiring drawings, I/O lists, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings, etc.) and written design specifications (Functional Specifications, Users Manuals, Sequence of Operations, etc.).
- Produce GAMP documentation including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications (FS), Hardware Design Specifications (HDS), and Software Design Specifications (SDS) as required by project specifications.
- Develop, modify, and configure PC based relational databases.
- Develop and install control systems in a cost effective and timely manner in accordance with project schedules, budgets, customer requirements, and equipment specifications.
- Report on and/or present progress and status of projects and assignments in various formats to internal and external audiences.
- Perform value analysis and sustaining engineering tasks, and product improvement designs to enhance manufacturability, productivity, reliability, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Provide assistance to Technical Support and Service personnel.
- Some travel to other client facilities, vendors, or customer sites may be necessary. Some travel may be foreign.
- A four-year Technical Degree; A BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- 5+ years’ minimum Engineering experience.
- Experienced and proficient with SCADA software and HMI software such as Wonderware, GE iFix, or FactoryTalk View.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software systems such as AutoCAD or Solidworks is required.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with capital equipment or engineered-to-order products is required.
- Experience with validation procedures and change-control practices relating to control system development and modification is a plus.
- Experience with controls validation and change-control procedures within an FDA regulated environment is a plus.
- Experience with computer-based Bills of Material and Inventory Control processes and MRP is a plus.
- Experience with a Quality Management System based on the ISO-9001:2008 standard is a plus.
- Experience with systems integration involving multiple vendors is a plus.
- Experience with refrigeration systems control is a plus.
- Experience designing, troubleshooting IP networks
- Experience setting up PCs, Servers and Thin Clients (Windows XP through 10 and Server 2003 through 2012 R2)
- Experience with ADS, DNS and RDS in server 2008 and / or server 2012
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly when speaking and writing.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Dan at 973-886-5575 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/