Documentation Specialist (BBBH30788) Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey
|Salary:||USD7054 - USD8054 per year|
- The ideal candidate for Documentation Specialist has demonstrable technical writing and editing skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively.
- He/she can organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences. The Technical Documentation specialist will create and revise technical documents such as FRDs, BRDS, manuals, and reports.
- Identify client requirements, develop solutions in conjunction with the Technology team
- Identify client feature / functionality requirements; provide technical information to clients
- Work with account managers, technical lead(s), & Business Analysts to gather business requirements from customers. This includes but is not limited to meeting with customer operations to understand and document their current process, gaps and needs.
- Work with technical lead(s) to come up with a solution(s) for the identified gaps. This includes but is not limited to meetings; brainstorming while re-creating scenarios in the application; impact analysis for identified requirements.
- Work with the account manager and customer to get clarifications identified during the design process. Manage Functional Requirements Documentation Process
- Document proposed solution(s) in a functional requirement document (FRD) for the customer and developers to use.
- Consults with end-users to identify problems in accessing electronic content.
- Participate in follow-up calls regarding the FRD.
- Provide the customer and developers with required updated to the FRD.
- Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with engineers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Researches product samples to fully understand the product.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- Determine the best format to present information to support customer success. Evaluate software products and provide feedback to Product Owners and Development teams as appropriate to improve internal functions and usability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in a clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread the work of colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field required.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in the pharmacy management or managed care industry
- Knowledge of utilization management processes
- Relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Writing Skills: 4 years (Required)
- Technical Communication: 3 years (Preferred)
- Writing FRDs/BRDs: 4 years (Required)
- Written Communication: 4 years (Required)
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Preferred
- Communicates effectively– Attentively listens to others, provides timely and helpful information and is effective in a range of professional settings. Gives and receives feedback in a productive, professional manner. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear. Is flexible in approach and is able to adapt their approach to meet changing business needs.
- Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Has strong organizational skills and is able to manage multiple activities at once. Has high attention to detail.
- Ensures Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Able to work independently as part of a small team.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Dan at 646-688-4441 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/