Manager, Human Resources - Employee Relations (BBBH29563) New York, New York
- Our Client, an American premium cable and satellite television network, is seeking a Human Resources Manager to provide HR partnership to the Digital Products division. The Digital Products division is co-located between their Seattle and New York offices, and is responsible for our full technology stack.
- This role is based in New York, NY and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- This a great opportunity for someone who’s experienced with employee relations and performance management and is excited by the idea of working with a small local HR team to support the broad needs of a remote office.
- This role requires someone who can operate both strategically as well as tactically and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to perform work at all levels.
- Proactively engage with employees and managers in assigned business areas on employee relations, performance management, organizational design, leadership development, compensation administration, attraction and retention of talent.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational related issues such as restructures and reorganizations, workforce planning, team efficiencies, succession planning, and talent pool.
- Counsel on performance management issues (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, terminations, and appraisals), career development, and conflict management. Analyze and address root causes.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increased productivity and retention.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and recommend/implement courses of action based on results.
- Facilitate Seattle new employee orientation and coordinate on-boarding with other departments as needed.
- Guide and execute promotions, salary adjustments, headcount planning.
- Partner with various departments internally to coordinate and execute Seattle office events, including but not limited to charitable events, health and wellness events, employee training programs, employee engagement events and screenings, etc…
- Review and analyze metrics and trends to align HR approach with our strategy and values. Request and create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Close partnership and collaboration with Talent Acquisition team, Organizational Effectiveness, Compensation and Benefits to design and execute approaches that drive talent retention and attraction.
- Manage reward programs and team morale initiatives.
- Provide and ensure compliance of HR policies and practices.
- Maintain an effective level of business understanding to support the business units’ position in the marketplace, including culture and competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years of progressive employee relations experience, with a strong focus on a digital/ technology client base.
- Must be able to understand a technology organization from jobs performed to cultural norms.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle employee relations scenarios. Strong ability to conceptualize, communicate and recommend strategies, processes and programs that will support the business to meet our objectives and needs.
- Must be effective at partnering with and influencing management with the ability to maintain strong client relationships and function as a trusted advisor for all levels of clients.
- Competency in conflict resolution, performance management, compensation administration, and a strong knowledge of current employment laws.
- Ability to apply new thinking and innovation to issues and problems in a way that demonstrates deep subject matter expertise; understands benchmarking and other evaluative methods in determining best practices.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Self-starter who’s resourceful, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated experience and ability to communicate and implement complex policies, processes and programs within and across the company.
- Sound judgment, business acumen, influencing skills, and the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive HR issues.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated competency with spreadsheet reporting and additional Microsoft programs is required.
- Knowledge of HR Database and Org Chart tools is highly preferred.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Dan at 973-886-5575 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/