Lease Accounting Manager-Direct Hire (BBBH30031) Paradise Valley, Arizona
- The Lease Accounting Manager must be a CPA with an in depth knowledge of the Accounting for Leases under ASC 842.
- New position needed due to Tririga implementation and the new accounting standards & changes associated with leases.
- This position will work closely with the lease admin team (~15 people) in the Phoenix office but will be a part of the accounting team in NJ. Report to manager also sits in NJ.
- Will be some travel to NJ possibly going once a quarter to the Fairfield office as well travel for training purposes within the first 3 months
- Familiarity & understanding of ASC 842 is a hard requirement. Knowledge of Tririga is preferred.
- This role will not be managing people right away but possibly in the down the road.
- Must have excellent people skills and proven ability to work is a self-sufficient manner without a lot of physical oversight.
- The Lease Accounting Manager must have exceptional Project Management skills as he/she will be responsible for working with Lease Administration and Corporate Accounting to create and implement process improvements and efficiencies for the Lease Accounting Department.
- The Lease Accountant Manager will take ownership of various work streams and will be responsible for the documentation of such processes.
- He/She will be responsible understanding Tririga (Lease Administration and Accounting Software and will be working with the Corporate Accounting Team to implement best practices surrounding the accounting for leases.
- The individual must be highly motivated and be able to work alone, guide Lease Administration while reporting and taking direction from Accounting in NY/NJ. The ideal candidate is a natural leader that takes pride in their work-style and bring forth positivity to the workplace and exceeds goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. He/she will also be guiding lease administration with any lease accounting related questions.
- The candidate must demonstrate proficiency in excel and must be an expert in vlookups, sum-ifs and pivot tables.
- This role offers diversity in that along with the Accounting for Leases there is a component of the role that will be responsible and working with Lease Administration to create new processes and ensure the current processes are working properly and efficiently.
- Reporting to Sr. Accounting Manager.
- Take ownership of the review of new and/modified leases for treatment under ASC 842 in Tririga
- Understand the downstream effect of lease modifications and how changes will impact the accounting on certain leases
- Ensure that lease administration has a clear understanding on how to process exceptions in Tririga
- Activate the new/ modified leases or send back to Lease Administration as appropriate
- Ensure proper coding for each lease under the Company’s lease/management contract analysis
- Build variance analysis and dashboards on a lease by lease basis
- Be the leader to work with Corporate Accounting and IT on reporting lease KPIs in Oracle Analytics
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts under ASC 842 as well as all prepaid and accrued lease accounts
- Lead the effort along with Real Estate, Lease Administration, Accounting and IT to create efficiencies and automation of the percent rent calculation lease process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting – CPA
- 4-6 years industry and Accounting experience (specifically accounting standards under ASC 840)
- Understanding of ASC 842
- Accounting firm experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and clearly communicating accounting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Knowledge of IBM Tririga
- Experience in Oracle GL
- Excellent MS Excel Skills (proficient with pivot tables, vlookups, and data analysis)
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good at developing strong partnerships and influencing people.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organization skills in ensuring all key lease deliverables are appropriately organized
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Dan at 973-886-5575 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/