NDT Inspector (JO015588) Doha, Qatar
Key Job Accountabilities
- Each inspector assists the Company quality lead during day to day activities, inspections, technical audits and qualification processes of Contractors and subcontractors for his assigned scope of work or area. In addition, he implements and communicate the Quality lead instructions.
- He coordinates his activity with the quality team and SHE team of Company and Contractor.
- He is able to forecast the upcoming activities for the week and prepare his monitoring activities. He crosschecks by NDE randomly some welds .
- The inspector shall review and approve the NDE procedures as per the Company applicable specifications.
- The inspector qualify the Contractor NDE operators, techniques and equipment for their intended scope. He tests and qualifies the Company inspectors as acceptable by the codes and as requested by the quality lead .He provides assistance to other inspectors or to the welding engineer as required.
- The inspector permanently visits the worksite and liaises with Contractor or subcontractors personnel .He monitors and report the NDE backlog, the NDE re-works, the trend of repair rates, the defect rate for each welders.
- The NDE inspector reviews and signs NDE reports from Contractor on behalf of COMPANY and verifies that the QC welding database is maintained accurately and timely.
- The NDE inspector reviews the NDE summary and clears each sub-assembly as per the inspection release procedure.
- For any quality issues that he notices, the inspector shall immediately inform the quality lead or the quality lead and will issue a related NCR upon request. Each inspector follows up in the resolution of NCR relevant to his discipline and area, expedite for implementation of corrective and preventive actions.He reports lessons learned when applicable.
- The inspector respectively reviews welding maps, welding sequence and NDT plan for acceptance related to Welding or NDT ( depending on his NDE certification). Each inspector respectively checks that only agreed consumables, tools and test equipment are properly used preserved, maintained and provided with valid certificates.
- Each inspector keeps an updated list of approved welders and WPS. He verifies that only approved welders are welding on the project as per their qualified processes and positions.
- Each inspector respectively witnesses the visual inspections prior to and after welding as well as the dimensional control of the welded assembly.
- Each inspector assist the trainees to develop their project skills and experience while being on site.
- The inspector adheres to, promotes and follows the HSE company policy. The inspector shall issue at least one observation card every day and inform the HSE manager with any relevant HSE issues he notices. He stops work when he witness unsafe activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, or equivalent.
- Valid NDT qualification ASNT level 3 (RT, UT, PAUT, MPI, PT) or equivalent
- Qualified CSWIP (or equivalent) welding inspector or higher.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15+ years of experience in structure NDE inspection (tubulars, TKY joints, 75mm thick carbon steel, piping DNV 101 ) with experience in major offshore projects
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry in the country of fabrication.
- Ability to read/understand design/ shop drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact in a multicultural environment. Ability to prepare a daily report.
- High pressure piping NDE for riser, installation ,testing and preservation is a plus.
- Valid Bosiet is a plus.
Technical and Business Skills
- Very good knowledge of structural welding and NDE codes and standards.
- A good proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis with the local personnel without translation.
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications