Batch 1 Topside QC/welding Supervisor (JO014869) Doha, Qatar
- Witness inspection activities based on the Quality Control Plan (ITP).
- Perform all COMPANY quality inspections related to welding activity.
- Ensure that CTR’s personnel are qualified for the task they’ve been assigned to.
- Ensure that material traceability system is maintained throughout the fabrication process
- Review and endorse Contractor quality inspections related to welding and material traceability on a daily basis.
- Follow-up the Construction Contractor activities and ensure the contract requirements are applied.
- Monitor welding consumables management by Contractor including consumable test report.
- Witness welding procedures qualification, welder ability qualifications and production tests.
- Report to MP Welding Engineer on technical problems affecting welding and material metallurgy.
- Participate in the issuance or resolution of Non Conformance reports.
- Follow up the welding activities and ensure proper records are maintained (welding/NDE/inspection records follow-up).
- Review manufacturing records books.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
- Welding, Certified to - AWS CWI, CSWIP Grade 3.2 or EWIP/IWIP-C or COMPANY approved equivalent.
- Professional Experience (number of years) : 10.
- Experience within project (number of years) : 5.
- Construction experience is required on wellhead platform, topsides, structure, piping, pressure vessels and practical knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as AWS, ISO, API, ASTM and ASME. Experience on construction yard is required.
- A good knowledge of COMPANY Standards (equivalent to General Specifications) and International codes/standards related to design, fabrication and inspection.
- Comprehensive knowledge in welding, material and NDE.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Language: English mandatory.