SHES Division Manager (1234567) Qatar
Key Job Accountabilities
- Supports the onboarding of the CONTRACTOR in terms of implementation of the SHES Management System and facilitation of the timely review approval of the contract SHES deliverables.
- Ensures that suitable COMPANY oversight is provided for CONTRACTOR, Vendors and Sub-contractors to implement and sustain the PROJECT Onshore SHES requirements.
- Provides support to the PMT SHES personnel to identify solutions for SHES issues in support of line management who have overall SHES responsibility for achieving SHES objectives.
- Monitors the Contract SHES performance based on agreed performance indicators and provide strategic advice and guidance for improvement of areas of the SHES Management System that are ineffective. Timely report areas of concerns to the Project SHES Manager and CONTRACTOR.
- Provides guidance and stewardship for the EPC COMPANY Leadership Team, to ensure they are fully engaged and active participants in the overall Project SHES Management program. Support the efforts of the Area Division Manager and Field SHES personnel to ensure that the Project SHES standards are integrated across all Contract scope of work areas.
- Demonstrates positive leadership through attendance at key Project activities such as management walk-throughs, award programs, welfare events, Incident and Injury Free (IIF) activities, tool-box meetings, steering committee meetings and incident review meetings.
- Supports all risk management activities and workshops, including the development and implementation of suitable and effective risk control and mitigation measures for environmental, health and safety, and security risks, including but not limited to: ESHIA study implementation in close coordination with the Engineering Team, Construction SHES risk assessments, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and SIMOPS risk assessments, Security threat analyses, and other ad-hoc risk assessment activities.
- Supports all PMT disciplines interfacing with internal and external parties, including government agencies. Fully participates in any of such external party audits or inspections as SHES representative for the Contract scope of work.
- Supports the coordination of SHES activities across EPC areas to ensure consistent SHES performance excellence in all EPC PROJECT Onshore locations. Collaborates and liaises with CONTRACTOR Site SHES Manager and other EPC PMT SHES teams to resolve any SHES related issues and disputes, where necessary. Provide review, comment and approvals of the procedures and specifications prepared by the CONTRACTOR, focusing on Class 1 deliverables.
- Participates in the SHES Monitoring Program for the Contract scope of work to ensure continuous improvement of the SHES Management System and its associated programs. Leverages pool resources with the support of the Project SHES Manager where specialists SHES input is required.
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years industry relevant HSE experience of which at least ten (10) years would be in a Managerial role.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).