Batch 1 Topsides Electrical Supervisor (JO014729) Doha, Qatar
The job holder manages, under the responsibility of Topsides E&I Superintendent, all construction activities related to the Topsides and Bridges EPCIC2 Contract, and shall demonstrate a strong behavior with regard to Construction requirements.
The job holder is accountable for the following activities during Topsides & Bridges EPCIC2 project execution:
- Supervises Contractor’s yard construction activities.
- Ensure proper coordination between fabrication/installation and pre-fabrication activities.
- Ensure proper coordination with sub-contractors involved in the assembly stages.
- Ensures compliance with safety procedures and quality standards.
- Searches for the most efficient technical solutions.
- Provides quantitative data for producing the progress reports.
The Batch 1 Topsides EPCIC2 E&I Supervisor is responsible for fabrication activities during construction activities performed by Contractor within its perimeter.
He will be based in to EPCIC2 Contractor’s premises during EPC phase with travels to Major Project’s premises and offshore as required and on board marine spread during the offshore activities.
- To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities,
- To carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, job instructions, material deliveries and tools
- Review all Method Statements from CTR within his field of competence.
- To ensure the technical rooms fabrication and equipment installation as per Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, Procedures and Site Instructions.
- Supervise the installation of all bulk and supports associated with its discipline.
- Supervise the workmanship in particular for tubing runs and cables installation and glanding.
- Monitor that employees adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, Procedures and Site Instructions.
- Report to E&I Superintendent for monitoring construction progress.
- Responsible for monitoring contractor’s labor resources in accordance with approved mobilization plan and report to E&I Superintendent.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the Permit to Work system
- Ensure Contractors personnel have sufficient training and experience to carry out safe operations
- Identification of any Non Conformance linked to Fabrication (NCRs).
- Review manufacturing records books
- Monitor and/or Approve all pre-commissioning activities performed at Yard
- To verify the completeness and correctness of the as built drawings and manage the final project documentation and ensure the complete handover to COMPANY Commissioning team.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Major Projects involve the development of new offshore platforms bridge linked to the existing facilities, installation of subsea pipelines and debottlenecking of the produced water treatment, all these activities could be executed across several international sites. Projects will require complex interfaces with other entities of COMPANY.
- EPCI execution shall take place at Contractor premises,
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions and/or relocations to follow-up offshore installation campaign.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Have an Associate's or BS degree in a technical field or extensive natural gas/oil industry experience.
- Have strong working knowledge of construction contracts, contractor inspection procedures and construction work sequences for jackets.
- Professional Experience (number of years) : 15.
- Experience within project : (number of years) : 10.
- A good knowledge of TOTAL General Specifications (GS) and International codes/standards (AWS, API).
- Conversant with General Arrangement (GA) engineering and structural drawings including building marking plans, also with tubing’s isometrics and P&IDs.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills, good English level mandatory.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Be familiar with ICAPs software