Civil & MEP Supervisor (1234567) Doha, Qatar
- To promote, within the discipline, company HSE policy and verify that good standards and practices are being observed on contractor site.
- To ensure that engineering data and materials are available on time on site.
- To check the preparation, issue and implementation by contractor of construction means, including documents, detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, construction equipment, personnel, planning, as-built documentation, and back-up procedures if necessary.
- To supervise the work performed by the contractor (prefabrication works if needed and installation works on site), to check its progress as per schedule and budget; and to achieve completion dates as per contract.
- To check that the work is performed in compliance with the contract specifications, and informs the Civil Works Superintendent in the event of non-compliance and variances, or in the event of any deviation requested by the Contractors.
- To insure that all works under his supervision are performed in a safe manner.
- To ensure that, for his discipline and area, the quality assurance record books are properly documented and maintained by the contractor.
- To assess any deviations from quality control procedures or requirements requested by the contractor, and make appropriate recommendation to the Civil works Superintendent.
- To release the completion certificates for civil work and MEP activities.
- To interface and coordinate as necessary with other disciplines & to prioritize works needed for electrical works and energizing targets
- To avoid contractor stand-by/delays by prompt response to site queries and unexpected technical problems
Qualifications And Experience
- Strong technical understanding of civil works and MEP activities, with at least 10 years’ experience in the construction of substations and buildings in the context of large onshore projects./ Power plants
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems (related to HSE, technical aspects, construction, quality control, schedule, costs, etc.).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to contribute and adhere to the safety and environment requirements of the Project.
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) and good communication skills. Arabic is a plus.