Project Analyst/Planner (JO016401) Doha, Qatar
- Responsible for the detailed planning, scheduling & reporting for the assigned Project in the E&C department. Develop and produce plans using Primavera P6.
- Responsible for deliverables such as S-curves, one-page dashboard, histograms and tabular man-hour reports. Act as primary interface between CONTRACTOR planning departments and the company project team.
- Monitor CONTRACTOR schedules.
- Establish and set a robust follow up of the EPCIC progress to measure and control contract status.
- Develop and maintain processes to effectively manage assigned project and establish repeatable processes to ensure projects meet deadlines and budgets while maintaining the support from internal stakeholders and resources.
- Responsible for budget and schedule analyses, reviews, start-up, execution and closeout processes required for projects throughout its lifecycle.
- Analyze, develop and establish key reporting structure for the assigned project, formulating reports based on
- project scheduling and timetables for deliverables, while serving as a liaison for the project's technical, functional and non-functional teams.
- Provision of day to day planning support the Project Team to help ensure the successful and timely delivery of all work within assigned project.
- Responsible for development of 5WLAH & 4MLAH in liaison with IOP.
- Identify and analyze potential delays and propose corrective actions for assigned project.
- Review and analyze contractors’ projects scheduling and planning documents (procedures, reports, etc). Verify milestones in line with Project contractual documents. Elaborate and follow up defined KPI. Elaborate a management-type plan, levels 0&1.
- Critical path analysis of the support network schedule. Variance analysis of critical paths.
- Produce Planning deliverables such as S-curves, one-page dashboard by project, Histograms and tabular man-hour reports.
- Challenge the readiness and achievability of the plans.
- Implement review, control, start-up execution and closeout processes and engage in project controls process improvement activities.
- Analyze performance indicators and assist project team in completion of the project within its planned scope, schedule and budget.
- Routinely performing complete or component analysis of projects and notifying the entire project team about abnormalities or variances.
- Reduce project lags by supporting internal teams on strategic data analysis. Develop past period cost and budget performance report.
- Actively participate in budgeting process with Area-wise unit cost data. Ensure timely preparation of quarterly forecast and annual budgets.
- Perform monthly financial projections by analyzing consultant, employee and subcontract labor for projects. Manage administrative and organizational activities to perform cost analysis and estimation.
- Analyze start, completion and duration variances through approved baseline schedules. Develop and execute reporting procedures to present project status and work valuation. Recommend and customize project control systems to satisfy project requirements.
- Monitor, analyze and validate project status, ensure timely and accurate updating of project dashboards and highlight issues early to the stakeholders.
- Collect, coordinate, monitor and track cost data with contractors, vendors and project team members to manage project forecast.
- Evaluate and track contract deliverables, spending and invoicing Manage Project Management database (Ms Access).
- Understand, practice and lead organization’s commitment by example to achieve incident free safety. Oversee and report performance and progress through analytical techniques to validate cost and performance Monitoring and controlling projects with earned value analysis using dashboards.
- Prepare dashboards and reports for monthly engagement portfolio reviews which aid leadership and stakeholders with decisions to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- Act as point of contact for budget holders, instrumental in support and central to enhancing budget holder understanding of the reporting processes and their responsibilities
- Work in coordination with business analyst on project spending trends, variances, forecasts etc. Carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engineer or technician with minimum of 10 years’ experience in Planning / Scheduling of O&G installations. Thorough experience and understanding of planning and scheduling principles and in the use of Primavera P6 software Experience in estimation and/or specialisation in finance (accounts and management) and/or experience in EPCIC project management.
- Demonstrable proficiency with integrated planning environments and processes
- Experience in the use of relevant software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio). Fluent in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.