Procurement Quality Specialist - Mech Piping Valves and Bulks (JO015895) Doha, Qatar
Key Job Accountabilities
- Daily interface with Company discipline Engineers
- Review of Material Requisitions for equipment and materials to verify quality requirements and inspection levels.
- Coordinates Third Party Inspection Services (TPIS) for supplementary surveillance on critical packages and selected materials at vendors and sub vendors
- Coordinates activities in accordance with Company Procurement Quality Surveillance Plan and project specifications.
- Attends Kick-Off Meetings (KOM) and Pre-Inspection (PIM) on behalf of COMPANY with CONTRACTOR and VENDOR for equipment and materials with (High and Medium Criticality) and selected bulk commodities.
- Ensures Contractor compliance with the stated deliverables of the PO and COMPANY specifications
- Reviews Vendors and Contractors Inspection and Test Plan input for correctness and coordinates COMPANY engineering input
- Coordinates COMPANY attendance as per approved vendor or sub vendor Inspection & Test Plans
- Stewards the Vendor specification deviation process for assigned purchased orders.
- Reviews CONTRACTOR and COMPANY inspection surveillance reports for completeness and follows-up on any anomalies or deficiencies reported.
- Monitors and verifies CONTRACTOR and VENDOR deficiency controls for control of non-conforming product.
- Reviews Vendor preservation procedures, preservation Inspection and Test Plan activities including requirements for shipping and packing.
- Monitors the Vendor Inspection process including identification of Carry Over Work (COW) and Punch lists items.
- Coordinates Company or TPIS attendance to Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Conducts Procurement Quality Assessments as per the Procurement Quality Surveillance Plan
- Participates in selected Procurement Quality PO Compliance quality audits
Required Experience / Qualifications :
- 10 years project experience including Procurement Quality Surveillance for the delivery of LNG facilities or energy industry projects
- Preferred: Bachelor or Associates Engineering qualification or diploma in a mechanical or electrical discipline
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in similar responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects.
- Experience in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interface issues
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
Technical and Business Skills:
- A thorough knowledge of codes and standards and procurement processes related to Pressure Equipment, Piping, Packaged equipment, Bulk commodities, Valves, Electrical and Instrumentation.
- Working within a structured Quality Management System essential.
- IRCA Audit Certification beneficial