Sr. Electrical Engineer (JO015002) Doha, Qatar
- Supervises the activities of assigned electrical personnel. Carries out supervisory duties at the level established by Management for the position.
- Implements COMPANY policy on training and development with particular reference to Qatari development.
- Ensures all electrical personnel comply with COMPANY Safety regulations regarding earthing, isolation, issuing Electrical permits.
- Maintains daily contacts with his Electrical Senior Technicians and Electrical Technicians. Independently evaluates the complexity of electrical maintenance activity to determine degree of involvement and this may involve temporary reassignment of electrical support.
- When a problem occurs in an area, visits that area and arranges for work procedures, the employment of contract staff, the provision/recommendations of necessary spares and materials to comply with hazardous area classification.
- Liaises with area Production Supervisor, Mechanical engineer and Instrument Engineer in resolving any problems with electrical equipment. Makes specific recommendations on the necessary repair/modifications/replacements to improve operational reliability.
- Provides complete electrical technical input into the planned maintenance routines, schedules station shutdown, annual inspection programme, major overhaul programme prepared by Planning Division.
- Ensures the planned maintenance activities are carried out by competent electrical personnel from published work programmes. Checks that maintenance work has been implemented as planned, inspecting as necessary. Ensures that a record of work completed has been compiled in SAP.
- Assists major shutdown planning groups concerning the need to hire contractors, checklists, inspection, overhaul and testing procedures. Ensures that where contractors are employed for electrical maintenance they are properly supervised and comply with hazardous area classification work environments. Acts as a shutdown engineer (Electrical) during the plant shutdowns and is responsible for all planned electrical activities during this period.
- Initiates and supervises the execution of Maintenance Work Orders raised by other departments to include preparation of drawings, scope of works, procurement of materials, Plant Modification Certificates (where necessary), construction and installation work and commissioning/testing of the new work.
- Implementation and adherent to relevant ISO procedures.
- Conduct / attend safety / housekeeping meetings and implement corrective actions.
- Responsible for procurement of all spares and conducting detailed technical evaluations and review minimum safety stock of coded spares by raising SPF.
- Authorizes and signs Medium Voltage Electrical Permits. Ensures that all electrical equipment is properly isolated, earthed and safe for working on. Subsequently cancels permits as per COMPANY Safety Regulations and Procedures.
- Supervises and provides guidance to Senior Technician. Supervising TAFE Trainees and Multi Skill Trainees.
- Provides guidance to Trainee Technicians and Trainee Engineers (Nationals).
- Provides technical input into the repair activities of electrical workshop to include battery chargers, switchgears (high voltage and medium voltage), transformers, motors, hazardous area equipment and all power equipment installed.
- As delegated by Lead Operations Engineer, liaises with project supervision and outside contractors to ensure a smooth operational takeover after commissioning of any project and to become fully conversant with equipment installed.
- Assists area Lead Operations Engineer in the annual review of merit rating reports of all electrical personnel.
- Carries out similar or related duties such as recommending items for incorporation in the annual budget submissions relieving the Lead Operations Engineer and carrying out standby (on call) duties as Maintenance Duty Officer on a rotational basis.
BSc. in Electrical Engineering is minimum. Must have satisfied the academic requirements for Chartered Engineers status or equivalent. Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
10 years electrical maintenance experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment high voltage and medium voltage power requirements in the oil and gas or related petrochemical industry.